What is the CPIMS+?
- The CPIMS+ is the software application that was developed to support case management systems.
What is Primero and what is the link between Primero and the CPIMS+?
- Primero (the Protection Related Information Management System) is an open source, browser-based application that supports protection programs by providing secure case management, family tracing and reunification (FTR), and incident monitoring capabilities. This software platform supports several independent modules such as the CPIMS+ and the GBVIMS+ (Gender Based Violence IMS). Different functionalities are included in different modules. For example, FTR is only available in the CPIMS+.
What does Primero do?
- Primero is an information management software that helps social workers, protection workers, and service providers manage, store, and analyse data. It currently has functionality to support: 1) case management 2) incident monitoring, and, 3) family tracing and reunification.
What does Primero NOT do?
- As with any software, Primero cannot replace or substitute good business practice, which in this case refers to good protection programming and case management practice. The application will only add value to programmes that are already functioning properly. For example, appropriate investment in standard operating procedures (SOPs) and capacity building is a prerequisite for a successful CPIMS+/Primero implementation.
Who owns the CPIMS+?
- The CPIMS+ is envisioned as a digital public good. It is the result of many years of collaboration between many different nonprofit stakeholders, including UNICEF, Save the Children, the International Rescue Committee, Terre des Hommes (Lausanne) and Plan International.
Is it free? How much does it cost?
- CPIMS+ is an open source, not-for-profit project. There are no licensing fees associated with the CPIMS+. Using CPIMS+ as open source only means that you have access to the source code and documentation. It does not imply free use of the proprietary configurations, tools and support contracts.
- The application and documentation are freely available. Some CPIMS+ resources (like the standard configurations) may only be shared under specific circumstances and when minimum criteria are met.
- The costs of configuring and deploying the CPIMS+ will vary depending on the available technical capacity of the organization and the complexity of the installation.
- A total cost of ownership assessment should be conducted by any partner wishing to deploy CPIMS+ on their own. Costs may vary based on the size and complexity of the installation. As with any technology solution, organizations should not underestimate the ongoing costs of support and maintenance. The Primero initiative will not provide production support to individual organizations who have chosen to deploy Primero on their own, but will make resources, patches and upgrades freely available on GitHub. We encourage all user organizations to subscribe to our newsletter, monitor our GitHub repo, and participate in our online Primero Community.
How does the CPIMS+ promote confidentiality?
- The CPIMS+/Primero utilizes role-based access, so you can carefully define which users can see specific data and perform specific actions. For more information on how roles are configured, see the Primero Administration and Configuration Guide.
How can I access the CPIMS+?
- For humanitarian contexts, the CPIMS Steering Committee provides strategic oversight for the CPIMS project and can be contacted through the CPIMS Inter-Agency Coordinator. (see "Support" tab).
- For non-humanitarian contexts, please contact email@example.com
Is the CPIMS+ open source?
- Yes! You can find the full application source code on Github.
- The CPIMS+ configuration bundle - the way the forms, roles, workflows and reports are organized - is proprietary.
Can anyone use the CPIMS+?
- Yes, with some conditions. CPIMS+ application usage is governed by the GNU Affero GPL 3 license. Please read it carefully and understand your obligations.
- NOTE: While the CPIMS+ is envisioned as a digital public good, only organizations that have followed the prescribed best practice process and which meet the safety and sustainability criteria will receive access to the custom CPIMS+ configuration bundle. The source code is freely available, as is the documentation you need to configure the system yourself. Access to the global production support and maintenance contract is limited to organizations that have engaged with the CPIMS Steering Committee. We hope you understand... this is a not-for-profit initiative and support resources are limited.
- IMPORTANT: There are serious implications for child safety when using the CPIMS+ or any digital tool that collects and compiles sensitive data about individuals. As such, CPIMS+ reserves the right to determine the organizations and programmes it will provide direct support to, in line with its commitment to serve the public good and adhere to its open source license.
- All existing and potential users are encouraged to carefully read the relevant documentation to inform decision making.
What do you need to run the CPIMS+?
- If you choose to host the CPIMS+/Primero on the cloud, it can be accessed on any device with internet access via a browser. We recommend Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- If you want to use CPIMS+ v1, you can use our mobile app, you will need an Android device running at least Android 7.0 Nougat.
- If you want to use CPIMS+ v2, v2 is a progressive web application (PWA) available both online and offline as a full feature web app! For those case workers and case managers on the move and in low internet connectivity areas, this is game changer! Primero v2 responds to the size of the screen, so it can be used on any type of device - computer, tablet or phone - via the web browser.
- If you want to host the CPIMS+/Primero locally so on a stand-alone computer, you will need to refer to our Support Hub for instructions.